Wednesday, March 31, 2010

With Time comes Creation

So I'm currently researching materials and supplies to attempt my hand at BFX's Melting Face effect.



I'm hoping to recreate the iconic Belloq face melt from Raiders of the Lost Ark for a project with some friends. This will be my first major parlay back into special effects makeup in a while. I am eager for the challenge.



I'm confident it can work, it's just a matter of finding the time to pull it off. It's been done before...

The Sarah Silverman ProgramThursday, 12am / 11c
Odds 'N' Ends - Sarah's Baby's Birth
http://www.comedycentral.com/
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games




I am also trying to find the time to catch the Tim Burton exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art before it closes soon. It's hard to believe spring is in the air. I could use the jolt of inspiration.



I have been organizing some of my source material for my projects. Old sketches, newspaper clippings, dilapidated comic books and a slew of other oddities. You can see some of that here. I am hoping some reorganization can produce a more conducive working environment as well as help me realize how much crap I have laying around.

I am also in the midst of crafting an art project for Carl of I Like Horror Movies. He won my 2nd contest give away on Z for Zombies. His requested piece centers on Dario Argento's horror classic OPERA. He also wanted a comic book look of pointillism though I'm not very adept at that style. I'm toying with the notion of fabricating a mini-bust, but the ideas are still coming to me.




And as talks of projects on the horizon come to a close, here's the closing of my storyboards as promised.



It's entitled "REVENGE" and was supposed to showcase the play of colors and lighting for the short film, particularly with the ending. It's probably my favorite of the series, especially the expression on the victim's face.

I hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed sharing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment